Everyone likes a nice warm muffin out of the oven but not when they know it contains 500 calories and loads of fat!
To keep that waistline in check, I’ve created these delicious Apple Spice Muffins that you can enjoy without the guilt. It goes great with a cup of hot coffee and it easy to grab for on the go. Grabbing a muffin knowing that it has a good deal of protein which is great for building muscle and very low in fat means you can enjoy this indulgent treat without the guilt.
The secret ingredient? Garbanzo beans! No, you won’t taste them but yes, you will get beneficial fiber in which is crucial to a healthy diet without even knowing it!
- 1/4 cup Chopped Apples
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Protein Powder
- 8 ounces Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans
- 2 Tbs Coconut Flour
- 1 cup Liquid Egg Whites
- 1 Tbs Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Sweetener of Choice plus 1/4 tsp
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of Low Fat Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chopped apple in a small sprayed sauce pan and add the lemon juice and 1 tsp of sweetener.
- Cook on low until apples soften and set aside.
- Place all other ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add in cooked apples and mix until well blended.
- Place in sprayed muffin tins or liners and bake for 15-18 minutes.
To make the frosting, combine cream cheese, greek yogurt, 1/4 tsp of sweetener and cinnamon (to taste). Spread evenly over muffins when cool.
Be sure to tag your yummy creations on Instagram #pancakesandpushups or my Facebook page!