The thought of black beans in your brownie may not sound appetizing to some, but I can assure you that you will not even know they are incorporated in to this delicious recipe!
This brownie is fudgy, dark and rich like any other brownie except its healthy! The black beans provide a good amount of fiber which is super important to a healthy diet. (For a detailed read on fiber click Here or Here).
The trick here is to not tell anyone what is inside these until AFTER they tell you how much they love them!
- 1 Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs Cocoa Powder (I prefer Hersheys Dark)
- 1/2 cup Rolled or Quick Oats
- 1/4 Tbs Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar Free Syrup
- 2 Tbs Sweetener of Choice
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
- Place all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips in a food processor and blend until smooth. (the food processor gives it the correct texture unlike a mixing bowl).
- Transfer mixture to bowl and fold in 1/2 the chocolate chips.
- Place mixture in a sprayed 8×8 pan.
- Place the other 1/2 of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees. Do not over bake. Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them.
Be sure to tag your yummy creations on Instagram #pancakesandpushups or my Facebook page!